4 Great Exercises to Kickstart Your Cellulite Reduction
A Lifestyle approach to cellulite reduction will help you to get rid of it and keep it off. The components of the lifestyle approach for minimizing cellulite include proper diet, treatment options, exercise and your secret weapon, the power of your mind.
Here are 4 great resistance training exercises to help you to reduce cellulite and strengthen and tone your muscles. Be sure to go at your own pace and check with your health care practitioner if you have any concerns about doing these movements. Keep in mind that you are supposed to do the exercises until you feel slight discomfort, or “burning.” You should not feel pain.
If you are just starting out, do one set of 10-12 repetitions of each exercise. If you are more advanced, work up to 3 sets of each. In general, breath out on the parts of the exercise where you are exerting yourself the most. Remember to visualize your body parts as you want them to look while you do the exercises.
1. Start with your legs a little wider than shoulder width apart. Keep your gaze forward, lift your shoulders up back and around and stick your chest out. Your abdominal muscles should be gently contracted into your straight spine.
2. Bend your knees and lower your body, as if sitting down in a chair on a slow count of four. Do not allow your knees to go past your toes. Keep your weight on your heels and stick your backside out.
3. Return to the starting position on a slow count of four.
(variation: When you return to the starting position, slowly lift your leg straight in back of you. Lower the leg back down and when your foot hits the floor, immediately begin your squat again.)
1. Take a large step back so that your feet are staggered. Plant your front foot and lift your back heel so that your weight is pressed into the ball of the back foot.
2. On a slow count of 4, gently let both knees bend, being careful not to let your front knee go past your toes.
3. On a slow count of 4, raise back up to the starting position and contract the muscles in your backside and hamstrings.
tip: Keep your torso straight up and down. Don’t pitch forward as you lunge.
Isometric Exercise For Cellulite
Isometric exercise means that the muscle contracts but doesn’t go through a range of motion.
Here’s how you can do an anti-cellulite Isometric exercise.
While standing, contract the areas of your body that have cellulite, namely your backside hips and thighs. You should have your pelvis shifted slightly forward with your abdominals tightened in towards your lower back. Hold in this position for 30 seconds while breathing through your nose. Next, shift your pelvis back, sticking your backside out and contract all of the above muscles and hold for 30 seconds while breathing through your nose.
Finally, bring your legs shoulders width apart and lower your body as if you’re about to sit down. Stay in this position and contract your muscles for 30 seconds while breathing through your nose.
Super Duper Toner
Lay down flat on the floor with your arms by your sides. Put your feet up on a chair. Lift your whole body up from below your shoulders. This means that your head neck and shoulders will be on the floor and the rest of your body will be in a diagonal line (plank.) Try to have your lower body take your weight without putting too much strain on your arms.
Next, slowly lift one leg up slowly for a count of 10 seconds and lower slowly for a count of 10 seconds. Now switch legs and do the same. Keep your abdominals contracted while you do this.